Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jonah's First Easter



HE IS RISEN......HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!!




Happy Easter. Today Jonah participated in his first Easter celebrations. Unfortunatly the rain kept him from having an egg hunt but it didn't seem to phase him too much.


I asked Josh on the way to church this morning where the tradition of Easter eggs and the Easter bunny came from. He didn't know but it got me to thinking what does a bunny and eggs have to do with the risen Savior. Nothing. I hope that you were able to spend time today reflecting on the true events of Easter.


My love for Jonah grows with each passing day. I can't imagin the mother of Jesus as she watched him suffer on the cross. How truly thankful we should be. I know I am not thankful enough!


Enjoy the pictures and have a blessed week.
Hanging out with my basket from Gma Pam

1 comment:

  1. He's getting so big!

    In case you really wanted to know about the origins of the Easter customs...much like most of our holiday customs, they have Pagan origins.
    http://www.phancypages.com/newsletter/ZNewsletter2599.htm

    Hope you guys are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete