Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jonah's First Baseball Game



If any of you know my husband you know he is an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan. Unfortunately we are not able to take Jonah a game but the next best thing would be to see his uncle Ben play. Last night Jonah and I, along with my dad (Jonah's Papa) went to see uncle Ben play. My dad was so excited to see Jonah and spend some time with him after being on vacation for the last week. Here are some pictures of Jonah and Papa at the game.





On another note.................
I wrote last week about memorizing scripture. I finished the verse today so here it goes... Philipians 3:12-14 " I do not mean that I am already who God wants me to be. I have not yet reached that goal, but I continue trying to reach it and make it mine. Christ wants me to do that which is the reason he made me His. Brothers and Sisters, I know I have not yet reached this goal but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and striving towards what is ahead, I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me through Christ....." I almost made it. There are a couple words at the end that I am missing. It is a little hard for Jonah to help me when I say the verse to him every morning. :)
Our pastor preached this weekend on the verses where Moses is bargaining with God to save a city. He starts by asking God if he will save the city if there are 50 righteous people in it. Then he keeps bargaining until he gets down to 10 righteous people. Needlss to say the city wasn't saved. I kept thinking, "How could there not have been 10 righteous people in the city?" Our pastor challenged us to be one of the righteous. The Lord kept recalling my memory verse to my mind. I know I am not a righteous person everyday but, " I continue trying to reach the goal and make it mine."
I hope you all will strive to be one of the righteous.................

No comments:

Post a Comment