Tuesday, August 4, 2009

6 Months And Counting

Today my baby boy reached the ripe old age of 6 months. It doesn't seem possible that 6 months ago Jonah changed our lives. When I fed him last night I was telling him about how we checked into the hospital and got hooked up to that annoying baby monitor. The night wasn't very restful but I think I managed to get a couple hours of shut eye. This morning as I was feeding him I was telling him how that morning they came into my room and got the medicine started that would bring him into the world. I caught myself saying that my contractions started and he was ready to come into the world. I then had to correct myself because I'm not sure that he was ready since he wouldn't come all the way out (even with a vacuum's help :) )
We went to the doctor yesterday for his last round of shots until he is a year. He did so well. Here were his stats:
WEIGHT: 18 lb. 8 oz
HEIGHT: 26 in
My dad, sister, and brother called to sing happy 1/2 birthday to him tonight. My dad asked me what time he was born and I had to think about it for a minute. I was so wired from the drugs and so exhausted from the whole day there are some holes in my memory.

I've said that I don't want 7 kids and I don't but I loved being pregnant and giving birth. I guess the Bible is correct that you forget all the pain of childbirth when you look at the most precious gift you have ever received. We're not ready for another one yet, but I hope there will be a couple more :)
I took Jonah last week to get his pictures professionally taken. The place we went has a $10 special with a lot of pictures, but the only drawback is that you can only pick one pose. There was no way I could do that so I unfortunately spent more than needed but they were just so gosh darn cute.
Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment